• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone familiar with Supermicro boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormbringer

Registered
The 370DL3 in particular. I've got one of these mobos and two sets of CPUs, two P3 1000's and two P3 933s. Is there some trick I need to get the motherboard to see both processors? Is it seeing both, and Windows 2K Server isn't? At first I thought it was a bad CPU, so I tried the two 933s, and same result. Windows only shows one CPU. I don't know how to tell if the motherboard is seeing both at the hardware level. If I go into BIOS config, it shows temperatures for 2 CPUs, but that might not mean anything. When the box first boots, on the initial BIOS screen, it only shows one processor (Pentium III 933Mhz), and I don't know if it's supposed to show two there, or just one if they're the same speed.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling, I've been messing with this box for a couple of weeks now and it's driving me insane. Thanks.

I haven't flashed it. This mobo is out of the box, we had one left over at work from when we originally bought them. I'm fairly sure that it's never been used at all before. I'll give that a try and see if that does anything. I'm having hell lately with dual CPU boards.

Back