• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to convince ppl to fold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SYT_Shadowfax

Hi everyone
Both me and my brother go to really big universities and get along well with the programming/computer teachers.
Recently I mentioned the FAH thing to one of them as each uni must have at least 300 PC's. He told me it sounded like a good idea but that was a matter for the board to decide, not him. He suggested I write an explanation of what it is and give it in to the dean.

I'd like to do that but am too busy to write an essay on what FAH is and does so I'd like to know if someone else has already done one so they can pass it to me. My email is [email protected]

thanks!

Feel free to read This thread on how you should approach/convince and get permission on folding.

Its not essay, as it doesn't need an essay... But the thread itself is a good read.

Cheers, Flix

i guess the main problem is the answer to "but does this actually work?" or something along those lines. Ppl want proof that this is really doing something

Everything you need about results, the science of folding, and any other information can be found at the Stanford site. There have been other letters of explanation and request for folding here in the forums.

Here's an quote from the results page at the Stanford site on the HIV work being completed.

UNFOLDING OF THE DNA BINDING DOMAIN OF HIV INTEGRASE

HIV uses proteins to insert its genetic code into our DNA. The DNA binding domain of HIV integrase (below) is the protein which HIV uses to grab onto our DNA such that it can then connect its genetic code into ours.

This movie shows a single trajectory of the unfolding of this protein under extreme denaturing conditions.

Wedo

Back