• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to Overclock My Ati 9700pro for the first time Since i Bought it(need advice)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myth

Registered
About to Overclock My Ati 9700pro for the first time Since i Bought it(need advice)

Ok I have had my Radeon9700 pro for over 5 months now and have NEVER overclocked it once. Its been running at stock speed since i got it. I have played all my games at stock speed since i got my card. Reason I dont overclock is because i paid alot for this card and i didnt want to risk overclocking it and fuking it up because then I would be assed out.I Dont think you can RMA a card if you overclocked it and it got damaged,but anyway I have decided to take the risk of overclocking and wanted to ask,What are some tips you can give me for overclocking with the stock cooling that my radeon9700pro has. I know alot about pcs but im no pc geek which means please dont reply saying "well first you need to replace your gpu's heatsink with the "West bubblefuk 6,000 cooler" Because I dont know anything about heasinks or any of that SHlT(well I do but,i just dont really know anything about gpu cooling)".Im trying to start slow with some simple stock fan overclocking. Just little increments in speed,after all its my first time overclocking. Thanks In advance.

p.s. I have a question. Is there a program that tells me what kind of memory I have on my card? I know its samsung but I want to see the actual speed and all the other little info.

Back