• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMFG Please help!!! I feel I've wasted £600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

My pc specs in sig, just bought, fixed it all up..
SLK900A Heatsink put correctly on the cpu, the fan on fine..
all power connectors in, Fdd connected etc..

I turned it on FOR THE FIRST time using a AGP Geforce2 MX 400 Graphics card, I cant use ati 9800 yet... not in stock.

It just stays on a black screen.... i tried lots of things, different ram (2 sticks of pc2700) i even tried another PSU 350W no luck.

I'm just getting a black screen.. I tried using an ATI 9000 pro and i still got black screen.. I don't even hear a beep from the comp when it starts up, all the fans spinning ok though..

I'm really ****ed off with this man..
I don't know whats wrong, everything seems ok =/
If you find something odd about my specs plz tell me..
also I switched the pc on for the 1st time using a SATA WD Raptor.. just 1 though, through SATA1 on the motherboard, connected to the powersupply aswell obviously.. (both connectors)

I then tried booting from a Maxtor IDE 120GB HDD, still black screen.... no beep or anything..

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEE, i'll answer as much as i can... i can also post pics

This could be an issue caused by the motherboard grounding on a standoff.

Try removing it from the case and running it, also reset your bios via jumper or removing the battery.

Al

I agree with maximouse. I had the same problem with the same board. I took the board out of the case and started with a cpu, a power supply, ram, and a graphics card. Try using only one stick of ram in the first slot. I don't know why, but when I started switching the ram into a different slot, it booted up. I was stumped, but happy it worked. Good luck. When you get it running, it will be a sweet system. That motherboard is awesome.

-Collin-

I had the same problem with my 2700+. I'd put too much pressure on the aeroflow heatsink when installing and cracked my chips core. I'm not saying this is the problem, but you might want to swap out everything but the mobo, psu, chip, heatsink, video and one stick of mem and see what she does. Have you double checked the connects from the mobo to the reset, power, and power led's?

Also, do u have the option of swapping chips and/or mobos to verify that one or more works? Anyways, good luck. I hope it is something simple.

I got my pc eventually running by taking out 1 stick of 256 pc3500 ram.... I can't use 512mb... anyways I installed windows.. and im posting this on the comp ^^

someone tell me how i get 2 sticks of 256 corsair pc3500 ram running on my specs plz....

NoPK!!!11 said:
I got my pc eventually running by taking out 1 stick of 256 pc3500 ram.... I can't use 512mb... anyways I installed windows.. and im posting this on the comp ^^

someone tell me how i get 2 sticks of 256 corsair pc3500 ram running on my specs plz....

I had the same problem with my A7N8X. I was using 1 512MB stick and when I added a second the machine would not post. Both sticks would work by themselves though.

I ended up trying the sticks in every combination of slots possible and it finally worked using the two blue slots.

Keep trying.

Al

Maximouse said:

I had the same problem with my A7N8X. I was using 1 512MB stick and when I added a second the machine would not post. Both sticks would work by themselves though.

I ended up trying the sticks in every combination of slots possible and it finally worked using the two blue slots.

Keep trying.

Al

I've been at that for hours lol, nothing works, but thanks ><

Maximouse said:
Try changing the combination, and after each change reset the bios by shorting the jumper.

Al

thanks, ill try that in a min, just installing all my games on HDD ^^

Back