• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New WC Setup [pics]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

My L30 improved on its noise level but the clicking/rattling noise still bothered me. I went ahead and ordered a Mag3 and bunch of 5/8 barbs to increase the flow of the whole system. Everything including the T-line except GPU block uses 5/8 barb.

Just a heads up... Look what my Zerex Coolant did :-/
Clear tubing:
fa535433.jpg

Tubing after Zerex:
fa535431.jpg

I decided to leave the tubing there since I didnt want to rip out the whole setup...

The setup doesnt look much different than the previous
fa53542b.jpg

Closer look at Mag3 (held down by zipties and on sponge)
fa53542e.jpg

Closer look at Swiftech 5002-p with 5/8 barb
fa535430.jpg

Closer look at the video card area
fa535428.jpg

I decided to use metal clamps even with 5/8 barbs because I wanted to be secure...

Results:
My original setup had a delta(Load temp - Ambient) of 11C
This setup has a delta(Load temp - Ambient) of 9-11C it fluctuates for some reason...

Conclusion
I didn't get any increase in performance but I think that's due to the fact that Swifty doesnt benefit much from high-pressure pump and some more flow... I'm sure if I had a block like RBX, WW, Cascade, I would have been able to see some real increase in performance...

sweet man, really nice setup
(but the tubing going out of ur cpublock looks like its bent :-/)
kinda suprised it wouldn't boost preformance though.. but atleast u have a more relialble pump.
man.. 11c ambient.. must be cold as hell in michigan, lol
ahh, see u your sponge damper method, good stuff, does the mag3 vibrate as much as ur old pump?

no bends and no kings in the system... sorry for teh poor quiatly pics :p

Mag3 does vibrate more than L30.. you can even feel it if you hold it in your hands. However, it does not make that rattling/clicking noise due to the faulty impeller assembly...

11c was the delta (Load Temp - Ambient)

Ooo, i'm blind, lol
atleast you can damper the vibrations, sound is whats most irritating, i'm kinda tempted to get one (so expensive, argh!)
what kinda tube u using?
zertex did that to my old vinly tubing, but my pvc tubing (using for 2 months now) does seem to do that

I think Mag3 is the least expensive pump for what it does tho... I'm happy with mine as it didn't take much to prevent leaks and no annoying rattling noise...

my tubing is clearflex60

Are you sure thats not milk instead of zerex :p? Did it form a film or change the water color?

ILikeMy240sx said:
My L30 improved on its noise level but the clicking/rattling noise still bothered me. I went ahead and ordered a Mag3 and bunch of 5/8 barbs to increase the flow of the whole system. Everything including the T-line except GPU block uses 5/8 barb.

Just a heads up... Look what my Zerex Coolant did :-/
Clear tubing:
fa535433.jpg

Tubing after Zerex:
fa535431.jpg

I decided to leave the tubing there since I didnt want to rip out the whole setup...

The setup doesnt look much different than the previous
fa53542b.jpg

I'd turn the pump over and place it close to the HC.
Like I did:
shroud1.jpg

Suma.

I've had my tubing do that to me...it seemed hopeless, but after I figured it out it was pretty easy.

Go to your sink, and get some paper towels and dish detergent. Wad up a piece of paper towel so that it fits in the tube...get the piece soapy and wet first. Once you put it in your tube, push the wad through the whole tube with water pressure from your sink. Should scrape/wash the white gunk out. :)

What type of tubing is that because I ordered some zerex super racing fluid and I am going to use Clearflex 60 tubing. So the zerex just fogged the tubing up like that?

... its mt cellphone cam haha yes I do spend most of my money on my WC and my car soo yea dont really have money for a digicam :D

I used Zerex Super Racing Coolant and ClearFlex60 tubing. I don't think the stain matters that much... too lazy to clean heh..

Back