• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agp voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLooD

does increasing the agp voltage help with overclocking ya vid card, i have a fx 5800ultra gainward golden sample, no laughing at the back plz:D , auto detect says it can run at 550/1.10 but i get temporary lockups when playing games and benchmarking, winbond wont let me use 1.65v unless i ignore the warning, is this wise?:santa2:

I don't think you are going to see any benefit from increasing the agp voltage. The card itself has voltage regulators that will determine how much voltage it uses. You would need to volt mod your card to have it pull more voltage.

I used to have an old Gf2 MX 400 that i overclocked a lot. I increased the voltage like crazy because I was getting my new card (which i have now and is in my sig :D ) but raising voltage didn't help at all. If anything, it seemed to created even more artifacts during games. Plus, i dont even know if changing the AGP voltage will actually raise the voltage going to your card because I have heard that some cards have a voltage regulator that prevents increasing voltage from BIOS...:rolleyes:

It can help sometimes, or it can waste psu power or just generate more heat. All you can do is try different settings yourself.

Back