• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ide: Yonah + Aopen i975Xa-YDG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good informative thread here Mike:beer:

So far 5 T2600s here..Only 1 retail ver.B and 1 QKHK can passed 250 on air:(
2 I975s, 1 RIP and so far this one ok. Will have to do Kyosen's Tcore mod if 1.03C buggy with cascade (its acting weird with DI)...

@JC hows the merom? Any new benches? Did you freez it yet?

Even with the "cold friendly" BIOS, I can't get into Windows with full DI temps. I have to starve the container and then start pushing harder once I'm Windows.

Unless you try some very risky maneuvers with any sort of phase change, I don't see it happening without the TCore mod. (Unless you can stay above -40C, possible with single stage)

Stephen's TCore mod might cut it for single stage on the Merom, not sure though. Cascade I don't think there's any alternative. It's an intrinsic characteristic of the I975 from what I can gather, which is why no BIOS fix can take care of it. The only way to deal with it is to trick the sensor into reading higher temps (via the TCore mod)

I got another idea though, not sure how logical it is. How about you stick a layer of neoprene between the in-socket thermistor and the bottom of the chip? Might fool it well enough, dunno.

Pot set @ 17K before soldered....after it shows 11C/12C constant bios temp. no matter what cooling used..

1tcore39su.jpg

If you don't wanna make it permanent than use smd grabber....http://www.elexp.com/clp_5243.htm

Wait guys, Intel N00b here, but Joe's Pi results are on air ???? :drool:
Holy cow! I'm glad to be without a computer ATM! Now y'all know what my next upgrade is gonna be. I'm just waiting to see what AM2 would be like before I invest. :)

PS* Why did you guys pick AOpen over ASUS?

These are some awesome results.. merom is the mobile version of conroe right? So these are conroe-like results..?

Super Nade said:
Wait guys, Intel N00b here, but Joe's Pi results are on air ???? :drool:

Yes, that's air ;)

Super Nade said:
PS* Why did you guys pick AOpen over ASUS?

AOpen is the only game in town right now.

Fridge said:
So these are conroe-like results..?

FSB limited results. but yea it gives a clue.

Conroe will pretty much smash Yonah/Merom once a decent OCing board comes around. Merom will stay closer but I doub't it can keep the pace.

Thanks for the great guide mike!

BTW, why do you all get the T2600. Does it give more OC room than the 2300? I don't want to spend 700€ if I can have a 2300 for 269€. Sorry for the n00b intel question, I'm so used to buy 165s and get close to 3ghz :D

It seems I have a lot to research. Just hope DFI makes a decent board soon.

BIOS 1.04 came the tenth of June. Features:

Fix CD-ROM boot priority device display error
Fix HDD LED is always blinking when SATA2 is disabled
Add to support Areca PCI-E SATA RAID card
Add CPU VTT Voltage adjusting support

Has anybody tried out that one? Is it now the best BIOS for the board?

OK, but does it mean that I can just as well install that as the beta/RC BIOS? Oh, I'm not using extreme cooling, so the problems with subzero temperatures doesn't affect me. :)

Don't know if it's the board, the memory or the T2500, but this combo has the sharpest OC limits I've seen! On FSB 240/[email protected] it'll work forever. On FSB 250 it won't even start. It locks up on post!

install the remote control thingie (physically and then the COO software)... boot @ highest FSB you can and then use the remote (FSB up) to go from there.

ive had 2x chips that maxed out right around 240 also so dont be too surprised if you dont see too much more.

GOOD LUCK!!

I'm afraid that won't work. This is for a 100 % stable, user input free carputer. So if I can't boot with it, I can't use it. Then again close to 3 gig from a 2 gig CPU ain't half bad. Actually it seems like it's enough with a good overhead. Smooth playback of three DVD movies at the same time only gives around 15-20 % CPU load on this system. Which is a personla best by far!

Back