• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Life is Over

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

Ok :( , today i got all my parts together:

p4. 2.4c (SL6Z3)
Thermalright SP-94 and TT SmartFan II
2x256 Pc-3200 KHX One stick: Non-A and the Second stick: has A on it which means CH-5 Chip...:cry:
Abit IS7-G

Ill soon build it together....

What do you guys think ill expect from this.... i got a bh-5 and a ch-5 ... :( but a good cpu stepping and good cooling.. and a pretty good motherboard except it can only go up to 2.8 vdimm..

Comments?

the average 2.4c non sl6z3 gets between 3.2-3.4 on average. the newer steppings like yours are getting into the 3.5-3.6 range. now of course im talking about averages.your cpu may oc higher or lower but i would think 3.4-3.6 would be a good estimate. however as far as your memory is concerned it may not be fast enuff to run 5/4 if u have a fast cpu-( lets say it runs to 3.6). at a 5/4 ratio the memory would have to run 240.. anyway its something to keep in the back of your head.... goodluck merry xmas... flaperhead

My experience is that it (the mis-matched ram) will work very poorly. All you can do it try it and see.

I think ill try to see how it OCs........ if it works very poorly should i just use one stick or change it? dont think they will accept me changing it cause of that... :(

Thx guys for letting me know....the shop isn't open till monday, by the meantime ill run the one stick of bh-5 that i have and the second module i will go change it on monday....

Thanks Ill post again when my rig is ready...

I have a Newbie question: When i was about to put thermal compound on the core of my 2.4c i realized that there was this small sticker or adhesive on top of it.... i took it off and cleaned the surface with some alcohol and then put thermal compound on top. Was there any purpose for that sticker to be there on the core of the cpu that i just took off??? Did i do something
wrong??? :rolleyes:

Oh and what is IHS ?.... ive been hearing about it but dont know what it is..

Thanks

Don't know why there would be a sticker on it. You were right to remove it. The Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS) is what the heatsink sits on. It's a flat metal plate that protects the core.

YOU DIDNT REMOVE THE STICKER , PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDNT , PLEASE PLEASE , that sticker did absolutely nothing , I was just messin , I got the same chip 2.4c , and looking for the better mobo and ram
good luck and high OC's

silent bob

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BOB U SCARED THE $#!& OUT OF MEE :cry: but laughed when i figured you were messing around...:D

Sorry , there was just a big deal made over the sticker , I am just that kind of guy .

Did you put it together yet?
I would like to know temps as I am looking at the SP myself
or will teh 900u be fine , so please post some temps when you can , I would appritiate it

Temps read as follows from mbm5: 43 idle with 1.62 vcore and around 54 load. stock voltages it would idle at around 40, but one thing, i have an abit mobo :D

what does Bios tell ya ? , what does Abit have to do with temps?
I am leaning hard on the Asus board myself , but I do like Albatron's too . I have had 2 Albatrons now , and both are very nice boards , but my first board was an Asus (A7V) and it served me well so I might go back to Asus (P4P800) I dont need the deluxe .
I just found your other thread , so I am stopping here and going to other thread
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255868

In the bios at bootup my CPU temp idles at around 43. Anyways i got my rig together a few days ago. It takes some time for thermal compound to settle in :)

silent bob said:
what does Bios tell ya ? , what does Abit have to do with temps?
I am leaning hard on the Asus board myself , but I do like Albatron's too . I have had 2 Albatrons now , and both are very nice boards , but my first board was an Asus (A7V) and it served me well so I might go back to Asus (P4P800) I dont need the deluxe .
I just found your other thread , so I am stopping here and going to other thread
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255868

abit boards dont actaully read the temps theyr'e gestimated by the I/O chip :/ so you never really know what your getting unless you have a probe... they tend to be a bit high compared to other boards.

Back