• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mbm5 & shut down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all

ive had reformat my puter after a little water problem mmm lol

and the only thing im missing is the shut down program ...to go with mbm5 anyone help :D

no there is a box that you tick for it to shut down but it wont tick until you have downloaded the shut down prog that runs with it :)

im going to have a good hunt round now for it again :)

andy

You can also try this.....I find it easier to use than a program. I just created the shortcut and put it somewhere out of view (My Documents). Then set MBM5 "when alarm goes off start application" and have it point to that app.....
Just another way to do it without using a program..............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have Clean Sweep Deluxe, Mike recommends that you disable it before proceeding. Follow these directions to create a one-click shutdown shortcut:

Navigate to your desktop.
On the desktop, right-click and go to New, then to Shortcut (in other words, create a new shortcut).
You should now see a pop-up window instructing you to enter a command line path.
Enter one of these as the path:

Use this path if your operating system is Windows 95, 98, or Me:

C:\windows\rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows

Use this path if your operating system is XP:

SHUTDOWN -s -t 01

If the C: drive is not your local hard drive, then replace "C" with the correct letter of the hard drive.

Click the "Next" button.
Name the shortcut and click the "Finish" button.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/answerstips/story/0,24330,2330147,00.html

serenityNOW said:
You can also try this.....I find it easier to use than a program. I just created the shortcut and put it somewhere out of view (My Documents). Then set MBM5 "when alarm goes off start application" and have it point to that app.....
Just another way to do it without using a program..............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have Clean Sweep Deluxe, Mike recommends that you disable it before proceeding. Follow these directions to create a one-click shutdown shortcut:

Navigate to your desktop.
On the desktop, right-click and go to New, then to Shortcut (in other words, create a new shortcut).
You should now see a pop-up window instructing you to enter a command line path.
Enter one of these as the path:

Use this path if your operating system is Windows 95, 98, or Me:

C:\windows\rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows

Use this path if your operating system is XP:

SHUTDOWN -s -t 01

If the C: drive is not your local hard drive, then replace "C" with the correct letter of the hard drive.

Click the "Next" button.
Name the shortcut and click the "Finish" button.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/answerstips/story/0,24330,2330147,00.html

Excellent advice, Thanks and welcome to the forums. :cool:

Back