• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Argh 9600 bites the dust!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeM

Its been a while since ive been on here. I recently reformatted my computer its running at 1.89 at 209 fsb. Im running a 9600 pro 256. And its still scoring under 10g's in 01 and under 3 in 03' Can anyone help me? I dont know whats wrong with my setup!

are newest drivers installed? chipset and agp drivers? Are the sliders for d3d set to performance? vsync off. also try upping the clockspeed on your cpu that would explain the low 01 score. your cpu at 1.9 ghz is almost a bottleneck for the card. 03 sounds a little low.

I doubt it. What are the markings on the ram chips? They will say what speed they are rated for.

BTW: what exact video card is it? Saphire? BBA? Powercolor?

I guess, they will tell you what the speed rating is on those chips. I'm guessing you won't get much past 400mhz, but you can look to see if the chips are capable of doing more. Sometimes manufacturers put higher rated chips on cards. I have an AIW 9600 pro with 2.8ns chips that are capable of 350, 700 ddr, but they run stock at 325, 650 ddr. So it might not hurt ot look.

They might be some generic chips and may not have the specs on them. I guess you won't be able to tell that way. I am guessing that they are are only rated for 400mhz, so you probably can't do much better without getting a better vid card.

You can try OCing them though... it won't mess em' up - you might get artifacts and stuff but that just means you have to lower it... Powerstrip is the best program I have found.

can the stock fan on the 9600pro cope up with the overclocking or an upgraded fan is needed? what program do u guys use to overclock?

I use Rage3D Tweaker

The stock fan should be able to cope with most overclocking. The 9600pro chip runs very cool in comparison to most. Ive used a vantec iceburq4 for about 4 months and have no problems running at 490mhz core clock.

p.s. Dont buy a powercolor next time:)

Back