• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Antec 330W TruePower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

linlibj

I have an Antec Performance 660 case with 330TruePower. My rig is a very simple one. Asus A7N8X Dlx, 2400+ XP, 512 Corsair Extreme PC2700, ATI8500LE , one CD-RW, one HD. Recently it starts randomly shut down by itself. MBM5 shows 5V line is fluctuating. But since MBM5 is not very reliable, I bought a digital multimeter from Sears. The testing results verified the unstable voltage on 5V line. It read 4.7v idle and 4.6 under load (folding). I switched in a 350W Antec SmartPower, now it read 5.02V either idle or under load.
Usually Antec makes very reliable PS, but sometimes there are still some bad one out there.
Does anybody know what kind of warranty Antec offer to their products?

Antec supplies are of generally high quality, but the TP330 is the real dog of the litter. You see far more failures with this model than with the Smart Power (now Solution) series units or the TP380 and larger. In general the TP330 an undersized unit for the type of usage most here would subject it to, and heavily loaded supplies always fail more quickly. The TP380 is much better, but the TP430-550 are the truly great Antec units.

Back