• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average 3.0c overclock with the stock HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsaneO/cer

Registered
Whats everyone been getting with there 3.0c and the stock hsf? Just want to get some good ideas on how high i can push this chip with the stock hsf since my watercooling setup if for my 2.4c m0.

I hit 3.675 stable on stock voltage - but that was really high. I'd say with some voltage you can expect around 3.6Ghz without fail.

Quote:

laja said:

"See sig. 1.575 V is needed for stability in Prime95."

Can you give me an idea of what your FSB is at the 3.5? I'd think I should easily be able to do 3.5 with this P4 3.0C I have, just curious to know what you're using for a multiplier/FSB.

Thanks,
br0adband

I know I can't overclock my with this D865GBF but I'm damned sure gonna try.

:)

I assume u guys are talking about a unlocked P4, as I dont know how the hell u will ever get higher than 3.6 ghz. We tried it with my friends p4 3.0c, and MSI 875P Neo mobo, 1gb corsair DDR 400 TwinX memory. With the stock heatsink we didnt get higher than 3.3 ghz stable, as the computer turned off after playing some intense games like nfs underground. We havent tried yet to higher the voltage, but without doing this after 15 minutes nfs:u at 3.3 ghz, the CPU already reached a temperature of 68c.

Back