• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry to be a bother

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

Another quick question.
I have an XP3200 on the way,
and an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe,
I am going to buy some corsair chips(2x512), should I get the pc3200 or go higher, if I plan on doing some minor OC'ing?

Go high if you have the money. Check out the BH-5 Stick and get one of those if you can find/afford it. Anything with BH-5 chips is considered and proven to be a great OCer 9 times out of 10. If you don't really plan on OCing much then PC3200 would do... but you are here at Overclockers Forums.... :D

well, i do want to OC, I was just wondering how high I would need to go. I will check out those sticks tomorrow after work, thx.

Are you deadset on a 3200? It might be cheaper to get a lower chip and just OC it 3200 speeds. Save a little cash or spend it elsewhere like on RAM or a vid card.

~THT

The A7N8X was never a board that liked FSB anyway so you wont be able to go to far with the FSB clocking without mods to the motherboard. The Corsair has the advantage over generic RAM of that it will do tight memory timings, thus increasing your memory bandwidth and will also clock a bit higher than rated usually.

Craig

Back