• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxijet 1200 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

I made a res out of cast acrylic tube and excess acrylic, looks like the one on directron for some outragous price. ANYWAY this is my second home-built res i have gone through trying to get a stable water feed to my maxijet. The problem is that i am still creating tons of tiny bubles when i turn my pump on. It is impossible to bleed, the air bubles i am trying to get out of the system are going right back into the maxijets inlet, creating smaller and small bubles. before long my water looks like suds.
At first i thought i made my res wrong, having not enough obstruction in the way to disrupt the jet stream comming into the res.
No i think my pump is too powerful, i am thinking i should make this an inline pump. w/tline

Right now i have my pump right on the side of the res (because it is a powerhead) but i can make it a inline w/ a little JB weld;)
anythoughts are appreciated
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Are you sure the impeller housing is on tightly? Held by both tabs?
Sealed well around the inlet?
It's sucking in air from somewhere in that region.

If all looks well, open it and check to make sure the o-ring is in correctly, maybe even add some vaseline or silicone to it.

Have a good one!

*also look closely for the pump sucking down a small vortex into the inlet, a symptom of having the inlet too close to the waters surface.

Last edited:
You have to slow down the water in the res so that bubbles have a chance to float to the top. The res at Directron has a center channel. That forces the water to take a trip around the channel, increasing the time the water remains in the channel. Otherwise you get a lot of water zipping from one fitting to the other, while the rest of the water in the res sorta spins around.

Did you add the center channel to your res?

If you have a center channel, then another idea is to increase the height of the res and make it full height (two CD drives tall.) The taller you make the res, the slower the water will move from one fitting to the other. But you still need the center channel to make it work.

Not really a Maxi-Jet problem. You'll have this problem with any powerful pump. I've had it with a submerged pump!

Good luck!

rxtrom said:
how would i slow down the water?
By making it taller, increasing the volume of the res.

So you can actually see the bubble stream moving from one fitting to the other around the channel?

Back