• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lite-on LDW-401S will not play DVD's HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cutter

Just put a New DVD burner In my Dad's system and it won't read DVDS, and I am out of ideas.

It is a Lite-on LDW-401s

It will read everything but DVD's, this has got me baffled:bang head

I wonder if one of the many geniuos's on this forum would be kind enough to help a guy out,or give me some suggestions

Sorry, sounds like a bad drive. There is a seperate read head for CD-Rs/CD-ROM and for DVD based media. It sounds like a faulty DVD head or laser.

I am probably late here but I agree it's a bad drive. Time to RMA/exchange.

Z

A lot of people think Lite-on is good. Personally, I won't have another one of their drives. Got a dvd drive about a year ago from them, after about 3 months, the thing would not read half the stuff you put in it. Cleaned it, helped some, but then started the same thing again. Finally got fed up, yanked it out of the comp, let it sit for about 4-5 months, put it back in again just to see, worked for a few weeks without problems, then the same deal. No more lite on for me again, at least not until they drastically improve.

Back