• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX159 on Radeon 9700 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akira283-IGN

Do you guys think this would work alright? It would certainly be an improvement over stock cooling.

It's a little tall, and pretty heavy...that would be my concern. I would personally get a thin finned copper 1U (low profile) CPU heatsink or something like that. You could drill screw holes in the heatsink, and you'd probably get pretty good results.

Those 1U heatsinks are PERFECT for gpu cooling. they allow you to use larger fans that move more air for their rpm. one thing i kind of wanted to try was a cooljag 1u or xeon cooler with a aero blower on it. would take up tons of space, but its the only card in my box atm. so wtf.

that swifty would definatly improve perfomence, but it is a little too tall i think. 1u or standard heatsinks such as the sk6 would work better and take up a little less vertical space. also, its fairly expensive and you can do so much better at half the cost.
of course, it comes down to your modding personality. that swifty has adjustable mounts right? so its basicly slap it on and go. but an sk6+ is like... $19 cdn. if you have access to simple tools. its a much better bet. or a stock xeon copper cooler.

Back