• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Intake Hole

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rbdaniel@bellso

Hello Everyone

After reading and speaking with you guys I decided to
try make a intake hole.

I borrowed my brother's dremmel and some cutting wheels, and
went for it..

I used:

- Tornado 92mm
- TR2 heat sink and high/low switch
(Fanman - I am ordering your recomended Rheostat)
Thank you..
- 60mm to 80mm/ 80mm to 92mm adapters
- Chinese plastic soup can and
- Aluminum tape
- Lastly painted it all blue ( no pictures yet)

This is what I came up with:
I am attaching a picture because I do not have a wed page to use (sorry administrator)

Please let me know what you guys think...

Thank you to all your write ups and ideas...

Daniel Rodriguez:D

Temps

Oh yeah

My temps dropped from 44C low/ 48C high to
39C low / 43C high..

I am using the switch in the Mid position 4100 rpms..
If I get it to high temps will stay at 39C idle / 42C high..

I for got to mentioned that in the front side I added the
TR2 fan pulling air from whole in the switch area...

Thanks

Daniel

Looking good there RB.I would like to see how it looks on the inside.The duct mod,how is it attatched to the HS.Have you removed your cases fan grids yet? Those fan restricters that are stamped in the case.These grids cause bad air flow and noise.
THE FANMAN:cool:

yeh if you haven't removed the fan grills remove them. unless you already have then great. i like the duct very nicely done.

What type of soup is it? :)

Hello Fanman

Thanks for the help.. The fans and adapters are all attached using regular bolts. Since I used the 2 adapters I had 60mm to 80mm/ 80mm to 92mm...

Yes, I got to cut the rear one (see picture). the front one is not done. I am ordering 2 other 92mm fans from SVC to install in the top and the front.. I was thinking:
- 90X25 PANAFLO HYDRO WAVE BEARING Number#FBA09A12H
- Sunbeam Rheobus Fan Speed Controller (can handle 20watts)
- and a Thermalright SLK-947 from Newegg (no shipping charges )

THanks

Daniel

Why not the SP-97 HS? Just curious.The rest of it looks great.What type of TIM are you going to use, AS 5 ? If the SP-97 is in your budget I would go with the heat pipes if I could.That should get your load where your idle is now or close to it.This will give you more expansion on your OC later.Buy once.THE FANMAN:cool:

Hello

I am not sure how I ended up thiknking of the SLK-947, But I will check on your suggestion. Maybe I was trying to go cheap..lol
Yes u are right buy once save on upgrades..

Thanks

Daniel

SP97

Hello FanMan

I am not sure if the SP97 would fit my 7N400 Pro..
The Thermalright web page does not specify that it can work...

Thanks

Daniel

Aren't they great? I also saw about a 5°C drop when I put mine in...my HS is quiet (what I was going for) and with this duct I can get a decent OC out of my Barton. I highly recommend this mod!

duct.jpg

As far as I know the only diff. between the two is the SP-97 has heat pipes.I'll go and check the deminsions and see.Or you can post a thread asking if anyone has the SP-97 on there mobo, thats the same as yours.If its not on the list, that doesn't mean it won't fit properly..Those are mobo's that it will fit ,that have been tested of reported to fit . THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
Hello Guys

craneage2001: I like your case.. Also pretty nice..

Como: Thank you for the Link.. Will check it out tomorrow.. I am too Sleepy to put 2 @ 2 together.. lol

Vinny77: thanks

archilochus (FanMan): Yes you are right I will see if anyone has the SP97 in the Mobos.. Good idea..

Thank you

Daniel

Back