• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help on picking from a 3 or 5.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I'am going to be cooling cpu, chipset, and gpu and going thru a heatercore. So my question is I think a danner mag 3 isn't going to be enough so should I get a 5 danner mag drive pump. I have about a 5gal res that get's chilled.

Will the 3 be enough?

My guess is unless your chilling the water -0c then you have to account that the 5 put's 10 more watt's of heat into the water over the 3 I think might be 11 more watt's.

E-Licious said:
What makes the 3 so much better?
When the amount of back-pressure of our typical WC systems is considered, the Mag 3 and Mag 5 have practically the same exact performance. It's only when to get into the high-flow & low-head area of the curve that the Mag 5 starts putting out more water. That's not where our systems operate.

Better to save the 10 watts, and a few bucks, and get a Mag 3.

Wowwy! A reply from the great Cathar himself for your question!

*pout* He hasn't even noticed mine :(

I agree, the 3 over the 5. I have the 3 and it's a nice pump, but
I'm not cooling my NB. There are many recommendations on the forum about how to use a Mag 3.

MoreGooder

Back