• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In 60 Seconds computer will shut down..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

I'm sure some of you have seen this problem before, i use to just put up a firewall and it would stop it but does anyone know how to fix this? i just formated and i keep getting it, so very anoying. Any help be cool thanks.

If I remember right there was a virus a few months backed that caused this. It would crash one of window's services which caused the shut down problem.

But since you just reformated, its kinda strange.

ya it was a big worm out awhile back (msblast) but i can't see how.. i just formated... i guess its possible i had the worm on 1 of my none formated hdds but them are mostly media files... anyone have a link to a program to get rid of this worm? thanks

I guess this is what you are looking for.

Edit: You might also wanna check the security update on Microsoft site, I am sure there is a patch for this:D

MSBlaster. once you connect to the net it comes back. let me guess teh message said the "NT authority has authorised a shutdown. Computer will shut down in 60 seconds." and it starts counting down?

go to Symantec, Microsoft, Gateway, Dell any of those big sites and do a search for MSBlaster. there is a patch, and it will remove the problem, as well as block it from happening again. untill you re-format that is. Every time I re-Format I have to re-install the patch even though I run Win Update. Once I connect to the net Blaster shuts me down 60 secs later so I cant DL all the patches from MS Update.

Mike

go into task manager, and kill off all of the svchost.exe and you should get the same message... however, other than a virus, i don't know what could be killing it.

i ran it, it found nothing... if its not the worm... is there any other reason anyone can see this happening... (example: defective ram...)

Assuming you're running either XP or W2K, I would suggest opening Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs), and check for any critical errors (Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK). Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click the error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear (under the "Description" field), and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices"...and Software Environment | Windows Error Reporting (look for any problems that might be listed there).

In addition, go to Start | Help and Support | 'Pick a Task'-->'Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems' | 'My Computer Information' | 'View the status of my system hardware and software' | 'Hardware/Update' and Troubleshooters.

To review Shutdown Event Tracker data, open Event Viewer, select the 'System' Log, and scroll to the 'Event' column...look for any entries with the number 1075.

HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP

By default, when XP encounters a system failure, it reboots without warning. The setting that controls this can be changed...Control Panel | System | 'Advanced' tab | Settings (Startup & Recovery) | System Failure | Uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.

Try running the DirectX Tool...Start | Run | Type dxdiag, and click OK | Lower 'Hardware Acceleration' (Display | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot | Hardware Acceleration). :)

Last edited:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 800706BF from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The description for Event ID ( 5 ) in Source ( NUEWizard ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

them are really the only 2 besides another problem i've been having with some applications:

The Symantec Event Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

The NVIDIA Driver Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

thanks

Like the others suggested, it definitely looks like you're infected with the msblast worm...especially after seeing that the RPC service is shutting down and rebooting your system. Try running the following script I've included...I can't upload a .vbs file to the OC server, so I changed the extension to .txt. After you download the file, rename it using a .vbs extension...then double click it to run it. :)

Attachments

• msblast.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Thanks for the file but it didn't fix it.

I decided to format all my drives, install windows without an internet connection, and install antivirus/a firewall before connecting to the internet. Damn my computer hasn't ran like this in a long time.. cheers to not being lazy. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.

I just had virtually the same problem. I had the blaster virus. RPC closing is the signature move. I believe that simply downloading the most recent windows updates can protect you, after you remove it with an anti-virus tool. If you got it once you will probably get it within minutes of connecting to the net. That's what happened to me.

Back