• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100's from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

I am looking at getting a 2100+ from Newegg (63 bucks, can't beat it). I would like to know if anyone bought one from there lately. I know they are B's, but I was wondering what kind of steppings and OC's people are getting.

Average is 2.3 GHz with adequate cooling and name brand PSU.
List your system parts, they influence the OC the most when you get a 2100+ B.

Say which chipset so people know, it's the K7T266.

It's an good PSU. RAM OOK for your system since it doesn't have a PCI lock and since it's a SAmsung it can do more than what your mobo can take.

190 FSB is top safe FSB for you, relatively speaking.

Since 800A is an excellent heatsink, the only thing that may prevent you from doing [190] x 12 = 2280 is the mobo, the mobo is the weakest part but if you can do 190 FSB on it and pass Prime95 Torture test, it's going to be a nice setup. Good luck.

I didnt buy from newegg, but i got a B AIUHB 0316 that does really well. its running at 2400 mhz right now with a cheapo powersupply and good air cooling. 2300 should be a walk in the park with the right mobo. and yes, these chips do 2000 mhz on stock voltage.

I am going to put this chip on an Asus A7V133-C mobo. Right now I have a Athlon 1.4 Tbird with some sad stock cooling, 832 MB of Crucial PC 133 RAM, 400 watt power supply, XP Pro.

actually my mobo has the VIA kt333 chipset....is that any better? also i have gotten my ram to 202mhz(dropped in my dad's barton, dropped the multi to 10x just to test the ram...wouldn't boot after 202...no blue screnes with 201

Getting a KT333 chipset and PC2700 to do 200 FSB is really good. Might not be very good on your PCI cards since the busses aren't locked on the 333 like Nforce 2. Anyways the 2100 in my sig (not from Newegg) is an AIUHB 0307. I'm going to see if I can get 2.5 on the clock. Need to open a window though because it will get hot.

Back