• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Stock cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

My 2.6c will be here next week, and I dont plan on buying a replacement heatsink for a few weeks (I dont have a job anymore). I have a zalman 7000cu but I dont like the thing, had a bad experience with it and I will be overclocking.

Are there any mods for the stock intel fan, I want to squeeze some extra performance from that thing until I can afford a new cooler. Also is it a 60mm fan or 80mm? Ill probably toy with it a little bit when I get it, but I wanna know if there are any sufficient mods that are out there.

I think it is a custom sized fan. Maybe it was 60x15 though. It is temperature controled, so to get the most out of it you will have to mod that. I believe it is on the wire connected close to the fan.

The Intel fan is a 70mm (2.75" x 25.4mm=70mm). There is not much you can do to it to speed it up. There is NO thermal sensor the you can modify. I have one off a 2.4GHz in front of me.

Mounting another 70mm fan is going to be a tast since the space between the sides and the first "slat" of the heatsink is far apart.

isn't there a mod where you can push a pin or something and cause it to go at a higher rpm? man i wish i had better searching skills and i might be able to find it :(. oh well try looking arounds, its here somewhere.

I have a 2.6c and the fan sucked. I was really hoping to be able to use the stock hs/fan but it sucked so bad! The highest I ever saw the fan get was 2300 rpms. My temps were way to high. Today I went to Fry's and bought a Spark 7+ cooler for $29.99 and things are WAY better (as in 15c cooler without too much noise added).

I installed the sensor so the fan slows down or speeds up as needed. I know you don't want to spend $30 on a hs/fan but if you will be doing any fair amount of overclocking my experience tells me it was very worth it. Just a thought.

Back