• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Happy SLK3700AMB Owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

Just got the case, replaced the all the fans with Stealths and I can hear the silence. The Smartpower is heads and shoulders above my old deer supply. It quieter and the rails are in spec. My computer even runs cooler.

For people who removed the fan grills and the fan cage. How were you able to mount the new fans. The stock mount holes are slightly offset.

Thanks to the people who pointed me in the right direction.

Welcome to the 3700AMB club!

You'll need to drill a new set of fan mounting holes when you throw away those plastic fan holders. Cutting out the grills and ditching those plastic mounts is well worth it though. You'll have much better airflow and lower noise without the grills and the fan mounts can rattle.

Yes, i have it. p4 2.4ghz, 1gig corsair xms, radeon 9600xt, 120 gig hd 20gig hd, 2 x cd rom and it runs fine all the rails are great and in check.

Oh I'm wondering with the perfectionists out there, did anyone wet sand their case to get rid of the "Orange peel"? I'm thinking of doing that. and wet sanding the interior, there seem to be some rough edges.

Anyone else notice the stupid thing Antec did on the front? They have a filter but they have a big hole in the bottom of the face plate after the filter before the fan.

Last edited:
I dont know what orange peel your talking about, my case is just all grey no matter which way i look at it. Only problem is the back snap on the bottom will not snap close.

yeah i noticed that little hole your talking about tebore, i guess thats there a little more air flow. i dropped 3c by taking out the front bevels(pic attached)

Attachments

• pict31.jpg
    pict31.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 140
bigsoomo said:
yeah i noticed that little hole your talking about tebore, i guess thats there a little more air flow. i dropped 3c by taking out the front bevels(pic attached)

That's exactly what I want to do with mine if it gets warm enough to work out in the garage with the dremel again. Where did you get that mesh and how did you attach it? I just ordered another side panel for $15 from Antec to reduce my side intake and add another.

hit up your local hardware store, and ask for some gutter mesh. its like 3 bucks for 3 feet...and to attach it i used a hot glue gun =) what side panel are you speaking about? linky?

bigsoomo: That's a sweet mod. I don't think I have the ability to do that. I'm planning to cover up the hole with a piece of plastic.

I'm interested on what sidepanel he's talking about as well.

By using Stealth fans and by not hooking up the LEDs, you can't tell the system's on. That's my mod :p

Show of hands: Who else hates antec for not labeling the front USB port cables? Took a bit of guess work to get it going.

Last edited:
I ordered another stock side panel from Antec. Just like the one that comes on it with the 2 latches. I put my 120mm intake too high and can't add a second. If you call the customer support number you can order stock parts. I want to put 2 120mm in the side, one blowing on my vid card and one above it blowing on the heatsink. You can also order a stock front bezel for $16. All I needed was an address and credit card. They ship UPS ground.

I'm also thinking about drilling out the rivets and replacing them with self-tapping screws.

The phone number to Antec is: 888-542-6832.

I will if I get my hands on a digital camera. The paint job is so good that even after I put the intake and top blowhole in it, the paint didn't chip or anything. Almost looks like it came that way from the factory. Antec makes the best cases in my opinion.

sp00L said:
I will if I get my hands on a digital camera. The paint job is so good that even after I put the intake and top blowhole in it, the paint didn't chip or anything. Almost looks like it came that way from the factory. Antec makes the best cases in my opinion.

I'm gonna have to agree with your opinion, tho Antec does it by taking other companies designs and improves on them. Well it's good to know the Paint is strong, I LAN during the summer and was worried that it might not survive some trips. The Fastswitching ability of the case is great when you have to make some fast fixes.

Mine weren't label and it took me like 30 mins to get it working. They just had the cables in a connector. Speaking of cables has anyone ever gotten to use all 3 HDD LEDs?

dang man i been looking hard to find out how you can use all 3 hdd leds, because i changed them all to blue...

Back