• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c w/AI7 [initial results]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortbus_

im very please with this new board, the voltage regulation is simply amazing. although the fsb maxes out a little lower, i think after i give the AS some time to cure it will be ok.. the only issues i had with it was getting it to post at first, because of only 2.5vdimm at default. also, slots 2+4 seem to be more stable then slots 1+3, which took quite a bit of testing to discover.

Benchmarks:

ai7.JPG

3dmark03 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1912182

3dmark03.JPG

3dmark01 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7459603

3dmark01.JPG

more to come...

Last edited:
Very nicely done on the OC ! :clap:

Are you using a M0 stepped 2.4c ?

Looks like the AI7 has very good potential .

;) :D

yeah its an m0...

hopefully ill get back to 3.6 after i break it in some more.

very nice. I just finished reading through the Ic7max3 debacle on the abit forum boards and I think I just found my new board!

are you Prime95 stable at that speed? I'm curious.. I am waiting for my BH5 mushkin pc3500 right now.. should be here any day... got a couple of 2.4c M0s waiting to be pushed.. I am only using AIR cooling but I hope to reach 270-290fsb at least at 5:4.

Prime stable is a main concern for me.... my machine must be stable. :D

Really sweet OC btw...

nice numbers. I have the exact same mobo/ram/cpu combo, but I can only hit 3.2 :(. I've seen a couple other people with the exact same set that get stuck where I am 267-270fsb.

turbodeuce said:
nice numbers. I have the exact same mobo/ram/cpu combo, but I can only hit 3.2 :(. I've seen a couple other people with the exact same set that get stuck where I am 267-270fsb.

That's strange, don't you need to adjust something?

nice OC.:clap:

turbodeuce, try 3:2 ratio just to see what your max OC on that chip is....
then you can tweak away for best overall performance.

mica

where did you get your cpu? I am getting ready to convert to intel for a similar setup and wouldl like to know where I should shop.

not that much... i already knew the chips limit so it wasnt really nessicary

Back