• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7-g problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stageup

Registered
Ok this is driving me crazy so if any of you can help, id appreciate it. i got the board, cpu ram all new. installed everything and got windows xp, 2000 pro and server installed. each install, when i go to device manager it shows 2 video controllers, one that says (VGA COMPATIBLE) and one that just says video controller. when i try to install the drivers for my video card, radeon 9600 pro, it installs fine, prompts for reboot and when it comes back up, its the default 640x480 16 color option and it looks like nothing was installed. i've tried disabling each one to see if that would fix it, i've formatted 6x already today alone and its getting frustrating !!
the ic7-g doesn't have onboard video so i know that isn't it, i've gone over the bios settings back and forth. any ideas? please

specs

abit ic7-g
p4 2.6C
(4) mushkin 256 hi perf level II ddr 3200 modules
ati radeon 9600 pro
WD 160gig hd
adaptec 2940 uw controller
plextor 40/12/40 S burner

What drivers are you trying to install?

If you have VGA and DVI ports on your videocard it's supposed to be 2 videocontrollers in the device manager.

catalyst 4.1 and the older 3.1
it shows 2, but will not let me install drivers for either, when i install drivers and reboot, it comes back with the same thing, as if i never installed drivers. ive even tried to install drivers for each controller which i shouldnt have to do, same thing, reboot, nothing.
i did resolve this issue however by buying a diff video card.

The Radeons will show two devices. You also need to uninstall all previous vid card drivers before installing new ones. You should of posted in the vid card section. They would of been able to help you better.

these were all off of fresh installs of windows xp, 2000 pro and 2000 server multiple times, so no video card drivers were ever installed. but thanks for helping, i have no problems with the new geforce card.

You got rid of your Radeon card and got what GeForce?

With some work you could've got your Radeon to work.

Back