• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I trade mobo's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
I have an MSI K7N2G-L which supports a FSB of 333.....my mom has a computer I built that has an MSI K7N2 Delta-L that supports a FSB of 400. She is running a 1700+ and I'm running a 2500+. Was thinking about trading so I can run at 400FSB. What I don't get though, is my mobo supports up to 333FSB but in the BIOS has a setting to let me push it to 400FSB. I have PC3200, but it's unstable when I run 400FSB. So what do you guys think? Trade or no?

Why not? If your mom isnt running intensive apps then I dont see why the power user shouldnt have the faster system! Especially when it is an overclocking board with a 400 FSB ;)

I will be getting my Delta-l on Thursday and also have 512 pc2700.
hopefully my 2400 is unlocked (in a different maching) that I will be putting in there.
what fsb and clock are you running at with that 2000?

chasingapple said:
Why not? If your mom isnt running intensive apps then I dont see why the power user shouldnt have the faster system! Especially when it is an overclocking board with a 400 FSB ;)

Try to push your system to 400 FSB first and see if you don't even need to swap, because if you can ,you won't have to tear them apart
I would at least push what you have first and see if it is stable or not. and just how far you can get,

Back