• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 and SATA help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chinqlinq

i've been a long time reader but this will be my frist time posting and i just registered recently as well. anyway, i've done a search and couldn't pin point my exact problem.

currently this is the setup i've chosen:
abit ic7-g board
gainward gfx 5950
1.5gb pc3200 ram
maxtor 120gb sata hdd
authentic windows xp pro cd
philips dvd/cd-rw combo drive
tdk 4x dvd burner

i was going through my routine windows install, pressing f6 to installing the driver for the sata drive. now here is where i start getting a numerous amount of corrupt files.

1. while its loading files, sometimes i get a freeze trying load "Kernel Debugger DLL"
2. if it passes loading kernel debugger dll, i get to the screen to loading the sata driver, BUT after loading the sata driver i'll sometimes get a corrupt file message for the following files for either. "fastfat.sys"."atapi.sys","ftdisk.sys"

i've also tried using the bare minimum requirements, ie. hdd, dvd drive, 512mb ram, gfx card etc..but that doesn't seem to be working. i've also tried using windows xp home cd (authentic) but doesn't seem to be wanting to load the files either. on top of that, the ic7 motherboard also included a SATA driver diskette that i've been trying to use as well, but again no luck.

if anyone has any expierence with a problem like this please help, i'm still a newb! haha...

thank you in advance
Dan

Back