Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Memory
Memory
Forum Jump

I can't access memory settings

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 01:22 PM Thread Starter   #1
Lan_Of_Malkier

Question I can't access memory settings

I am running a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-L and I cannot access any memory functions under BIOS. I know this is not a mobo forum, be assured my question is for memory.

I was wondering if there is software that I can use to change latency and such, or should I be going for an ABIT/Asus mobo?

I love this board and I don't want to get rid of it...Help!
Lan_Of_Malkier is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-30-04, 03:18 PM   #2
raven

I believe if you press Ctrl + F1 ( i cant remember the exact key config for it, either Ctrl or Alt along with one of the F keys ) Then that should open up your advanced memory timmings section. With my gigabyte PE667 motherboard, gigabyte had concealed that section of the bios just so that no average joe could accidentaly change a memory setting and make his computer unable to boot.

raven

OCZ Agility2 120GB, WD Black 1TB & 2x WD Green 2TB.....................................WD 36GB Raptor & Seagate 500GB 7200.11
Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeMusic.................................................. ..................Sound Blaster MP3
ATI HD5750 Go! Green.................................................. ...............................ATI AIW X800XL
New System up and running!
--Virus Troubles?--..........--Need a Program?--..........--Spyware Problems?--..........--System and Boot Optimization--

Nothing I say should be directly used, without my explicit permission, to make money. I DO NOT support INLINE ADS.
raven is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Memory
Memory