• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this be a good dremel to....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks zbgsaa so much. i've looked at dremels at lowes and they have liek 7.5 volts dremels with like 30 acessories for 40 something bucks. this is awesome 12 volts and 60 acessories.

rhino56 said:
keep in mind you get what you pay for.

Ditto. Anyone ever heard of a "rotomatic"? 20$, tons of attachments and it can't cut through diddly squat :p. If you're looking for a cheap but powerful rotary tool check out the black and decker RTX for 39.99$. It has 3 speeds (12k, 24k, 30k) and comes with 30 regular cutting disc and a couple grinders and of course it accepts dremel brand bits. Also a lot more torque than other rotary tools. Home depot has them online (search "rtx") and at the store where I picked mine up.

Last edited:
i think im going to try some rotary cutting bits in my countertop edger to see how it cuts steel.
if it works well and controllable that would be really cool.
i could set it up with templates and it would be really easy and very precise clean cuts.

yeah, i've got a dremel brand dremel, i got it because i like to mod stuff, i went hardcore with my paintball equipment, and ended up needing a dremel :p it'll cut anything, but costs a bid much. for just cutting and sanding that 12V would work, but you'd have to be patient because it wouldnt have torque to spare. moment is your friend with those kinds of tools...cut slow.

Back