• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sp97 small washers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

del

Registered
hey guys I am installing a sp97 and I am not sure where the small plastic washers go ?

This is how my SLK-947 is setup, from top to bottom

Heatsink
Screws
Threaded Inserts
Plastic washers
Motherboard
Big plastic spacer
Backplate

yea I do have the "large washers" on the standoffs but i also see 5 small plastic washers also maybe its for motherboards with bigger holes perhaps?

well i am happy to say at idle i am sitting at 30c and runnning 3damrk it went to 34c. and mobo is at 16c, thats a pretty big change from 50c on a volcano 9! thanks guys for for recommending this great heatsink hopefully it might even go down after this Ceramique sets in :)

You are supposed to use them. It goes like this:

Threaded Inserts
Plastic washers
Motherboard
Plastic washers
Big plastic spacer
Backplate

I don't remember if the big washers go on the top or bottom of the MB.

i red the instructions that came with the heatsink, checked the website, it doesn't tell you where to put the small plactic washers....

i just used the metal ones and the large plastic ones...

yea thats what i used and it went to 30c idle and after running many tests and playing games its not going past 34c, So I am pretty happy to say the least

Yea, I didn't use the small plastic washers either. I couldn't find anywhere that said where they were suppose to go.

Also, are those temps at stock speeds? vcore?

1.93vcore w/ full load at 41c, while comp is silent. I haven't tested the load temp with all my fans blasting.

oh yea i forgot to mention that .

2500+ @ 2.3 vcore 1.75 AQZEA and its locked
sp97 with a 92mm tornado
2 sticks of corsair pc3200xms 512mb total dual channel
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
antec PLUS 1080AMG 430watt psu
sapphire 9600xt
19" 1800flat panel (digtal)
this is my 1st build and 1st at ocing so I am learning. I cut the grills and trying to figure out where to hide all the wiring
I used my smart fan from a volcano9 for a intake now i just need to replace the antec fans they supllied me when buying the case I used Ceramique but I am not sure if i put enough. I used a very very thin layer. My girlfriend is already *******g about the tornado ! If she keeps it up I will get a couple more and run this mfer with no controller
:)

Last edited:
the small plasic ones are thicker, i guess for use of the large ones dont put enough pressure on the core. i think i'm using hte small ones as i lost the large ones...heh.

This is what it says at the thermalright website concerning the washer placement on the SP-97 install.THE FANMAN:cool:

**"When install Standoffs, make sure you place the plastic washers (large) underneath the standoffs so you will not short out the components on motherboard."**

SP-97 INSTALL LINK :)

Back