• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need quiet NB cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathBOB

Im getting a WC setup soon, with a nice quiet fan. I think my NB cooler emits alot of the noise i hear, as it is high pitched, and high pitched noises are more noticable and irritable. I have the stock Abit IC7-G fan. will this be adequete for a healthy FSB overclocking:

NB47J2_lg.jpg

Last edited:
That should work alright, but it might limit your FSB OC a bit.

Swiftech's MCX159 and Northpole sinks have quiet fans on them and cool pretty well from what reviews say, but they'd cost a lot more than that Zalman.

i'm using the copper HS/fan that came w/ my Vantec Iceberq Copper Chipset cooling kit... and it's dead silent inside my case... when running alone... but it's of course drowned out by a bunch of other noiser case fans... so that may not help, but for what it's worth i'm getting a really well cooled NB for what i'm pretty sure is a quiet cooler... sorry if that doesn't help...

For active id reccomend the vantec iceberq its VERY quiet. As for passive the zalman.

Back