• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core/Bus Ratio of 21

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Core/Bus Ratio of 21 for Prescott 2.8 533

johnflyons said:
Check THIS out! New sl6sl 2.8 533 Prescott has a 21 multiplyer!Could this thing become a total rocket? It's now in the intel spec finder.

Ermmm, SL6SL isn't a Prescott.....Its not even new....I doubt the rocket hypothesis.

EDIT: I think we all read it the first time? No need to spam your own thread.

Check it out at intel before saying its not a Prescott! FUGGER @ extreem systems says " I want one of these". I did not find this before anyone! It's the low line 533mhz, non hyperthreading 2.8

The SL6SL is listed as a Northwood 2.8B. However, Intel has announced they will release a 2.8 Prescott that will be a 533 bus CPU (21X multiplier), but that it will not have HT. Once core yields increase a little, this indeed might be a super high overclocker for the Prommie folks that are chasing 5 gig.

The lower bus speed is one thing, but the non-HT thing on the 2.8E Prescott chip sure spoils the party. Otherwise it would have been the defacto choice for overclocking; lowest speed, highest multi.

BLooD said:
not sure i agree there, yes ya get a high core speed but ya fsb goes nowhere, high multi`s are a waste as far as i can see but then im still a noob at this lol:D

Well yeah, it's not the same for every chip and OC you want. In this case I was thinking of getting as high as possible on the core, by using extreme cooling or so. Then the high multi is beneficial because it reduces the board bottlenecks. However, on other chips you could prefer a lower multi to get to a core speed that is acceptable and use a high FSB (=extra speed) to get there.

Back