• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn In Questions For PIII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosedick

I want to burn in my cB0 PIII 700mhz with the SiSoft Sandra Burn-In Wizard. Hopefully, this will enable me to get 1000mhz. How long should I let the burn in go on for? Should I do it more than one time? Do you think it'll help in getting 1ghz? Thanks

I personally would use prime 95 in torture mode.
Buning it might help and might not.
I have never hear of it harming thou.
If you are going to use SiSoft Sandra just use the cpu part.
If your cpu is over 2 months old then just burn it for 8-10hrs is good.
If its newer then burn it for 24-48hrs.

moosedick (May 19, 2001 08:39 p.m.):
I want to burn in my cB0 PIII 700mhz with the SiSoft Sandra Burn-In Wizard. Hopefully, this will enable me to get 1000mhz. How long should I let the burn in go on for? Should I do it more than one time? Do you think it'll help in getting 1ghz? Thanks

I have had some succes as long as you dont get your proccesor hot Seti works great and its fun pitting your PC against fellow overclockers it makes for good PC racing. burning in is different for each proccesor some it can help in a couple of days and up to a month it may help but theres always other factors that may keep you from your 1g mark if your close now you may make it do not exspect that from burning in you will get from 900 to 1000 though just by burning in what i see more often then not is that you will be able to reduce your CV after burning in resulting in lower temps also if you can boot at higher FSB and its unstable burning in can bring stability sometimes. good luck

Back