• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on Building a new Computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StreetPharmacy

Hello everyone, I'm building a computer for the first time, and wanted to know if there's anythign wrong with this config or if you have any comments.

This is a watercooled rig, but, not trusting myself with the fill & bleed process, I think I'll have FrozenCPU do it, then ship it.

Case: Custom Lian-Li PC61 Water Cooled Case,
CPU Block - Intel Socket 478 - 1/2" ID
Mobo Block - DangerDen Z-Chip - 1/2" ID
VPU Block - DangerDen MAZE4 GPU - 1/2" ID nVidia/ATI Water Block
Tubing - Tygon Anti-Kink 1/2" ID Tubing
Clamps - 1/2" ID Clamps - 10x
Radiator - DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme Radiator
Exhaust Fan - Aluminum 120x25mm - 80 CFM
Reservoir - Single 5.25" Bay Resevoir w/ 2x Outlets
Reservoir adapters - 2x 1/2" ID Outlet Fittings
Pump - Hydor L30 320GPH Pump
Power Supply - Antec True 550W

Motherboard: Abit IC7-Max3
CPU: Intel P4 EE 3.2GHz
RAM: Corsair XMS 1GB (2x512) PC-4000PRO
Video Card: ATI RADEON 9800XT Video Card, 256MB DDR
System Hard Drives: 2x Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB in RAID 1 config
Storage Hard Drive: Western Digital 200GB 7200RPM SATA
Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro
RW: Lite-On Black DVD-RW/+RW
ROM: LITE-ON BLACK 16X DVD ROM Drive, XJ-HD166

Dunno about the monitor I'll get, probably a CRT

Any comments, suggestions, advice, hell, anything, welcome. Thanks.

- Street

Wow Street, That looks like top of the line hardware there. :D
You shouldnt be afrad to fill and drain your system as you will have to do it once in awhile anyway. It's really no big deal. You just fill and keep a close eye on it for the first half hour and refill as needed then check it each day a few times for a couple days.

As far as your choice in ram you may want to consider some pc3500 or pc3700 because if you cant get to 250fsb with that 3.2EE you will be undercloking your ram. Do you know what divider that 3.2 is ?

Not a clue, I don't know too much about hardware, besides what's better than what and the like.

I should hope it's top-of-the-line, as I'm not getting a new one for another 3 years ( Yes, I do upgrade)

Doh !!
After doing a little more research that last thread I pointed you to was for the vaunted 3.2E not EE as it seems the 3.2EE has a 16 multiplyer as shown in this thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268523&highlight=3.2EE
so if I was to guess it looks like the pc4000 should do you just fine. I really don't know what the most common max overclocks are for the 3.2EE are. Guess that is what the search button is for :D
You are planning on overclocking it aren't you ?

Most Definately, Thanks for the info.

I'll be sure to see what it overclocks to, hope to post any results I get here.

-Street

Back