• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark03 testing 2d setting??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoubleJ8

I figured out why 3dmark03 was showing a lower core clock setting than I was running. It is because it's showing the 2D settings, not my 3D settings. Is it testing my 2D settings? If so, why? I have the free version, does this make a difference?

I have the free version too and i dont think that is why.

Is ur score low for ur system? if its not then dont worry about it.

If ur card is runnig 3d apps with 2d clock settings i have no idea how to fix that!

Might wanna search next time. I had a thread about this EXACT same question.

As for your question, no 3dmark runs using the 3d settings. Run Aquamark3 and it will tell you what your core/memory is during the test run.

what type of card is yours??

I think when you bench vga using 3dmark , the actual MHz ( the MHz you set in 3d performance ) are use during the bench. The problem with low score 3dmark is thermal related. There is thermal diode in FX5900's core that sense heat and thus lower the core MHz.

I get the same detail report 301/947 ( 2D ) in 3dmark03.

To test the thermal effect. First, you bench with default core speed, second you bench with maximum core speed, and third you bench with maximum core speed but with 10 Mhz less.

You will see score variation. In my case, 10 Mhz less on core and memory gives me higher score :eek: :eek:

Why then, would it post a settting LOWER than the stock core setting? The stock core setting on my 5900SE is 400/700 and it's showing a setting of 377/853?

When I run it at complete stock settings, it shows a setting of 301/700, which is the 2d stock setting.

Back