• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an unlocked cB0 and cC0-Stepping P3 CPU looks like this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

I contacted Kevin again, and now I have the confirmation on my pic. The one on the left is a cC0-Chip and the one on the right is a cB0-Chip. Now it's definetly right!!!! So go and modify your CPUs. Good luck!!!

dude, you almost had people go hack their chips based on misinformation. thats not cool.

furthermore, based on what you have stated above, this just strenghtens the argument that the bridges have nothing to do with the clock multiplier.

folks this is not an amd chip! if this was possible the same people that figured out the amd seceret would have done so for intel also.

sendatooli.

sendatooli (Jun 08, 2001 07:11 p.m.):
dude, you almost had people go hack their chips based on misinformation. thats not cool.

furthermore, based on what you have stated above, this just strenghtens the argument that the bridges have nothing to do with the clock multiplier.

folks this is not an amd chip! if this was possible the same people that figured out the amd seceret would have done so for intel also.

sendatooli.

I don't think he's saying it's an AMD chip. The steppings mentioned are Intel steppings not AMD and the title also mentions P3.

I'm not sure what the post is about either....but I don't think it's about AMD at all.

What is it about Celemine? Are you saying that the bottoms of cBO and cCO engineering samples look like the above picture? Can you expand a little?

no, i understood what he is saying. he is saying that is what a unlocked cc0 and cb0 chip look like from the bottom. what im saying is that connecting (or in this case removing) the bridges ala amd is not gonna work here.
i did not mean to state that he was speaking of an amd chip. it is indeed a p3. i was just being somewhat sarcastic. i dont mean to rain on anyones parade. like i said earlier if you have a spare cpu go try it. although, i would not reccomend trying this on your primary cpu. it may indeed render it dead. more likely than not. hey intel loves this thread!!!!! now we will all go kill our cpu's and then buy more!

sendatooli.

Well at this point no one is sure what will happen if the bridges are removed you may or may not kill your CPU, and no one has proved that removing them will not work this hole thing started from a German post about a guy who "said" that his CPU came damaged with a few bridges missing and when he booted up he had his multipliers unlocked there is allot of debate exactly how Intel's CPU's are locked and at this time the debate wheather taking the bridges off is still very much just that a debate. so far only one guy has tried to remove his and he did a lousy job and bent pins and broke one off [so he say's] trying to remove them so at thios point it has yet to be tried i think the word for the day is GAMBLING do you want to?

What we need is an electronics guru, to tell us how to temporarily "knock out" these bridges.A way where we aint gunna fry our only p3, for nothing.
If someone finds a way to do this, then we could be on the way to competing with AMD.

knocking them out even temporary may fry your chip and there is no way even for a guru to knock them out temporary it was a nice thought though. for us to find out someone will have to gamble if i had a spare CPU even the cheapest one i think i would turn it into a Seti pc before i would risk it, the German fellow who's cpu was unlocked was i believe a 700 so i'm not sure every P3 would benifit from removing the bridges as most of the different Intel CPU's have different bridges in different places.

I dont know if this helps, but here it is.
You see below that my cele2 800 cC0 looks just like the CPU on the left, and mine is still locked... The other CPU is my cele2 633 cC0. I would have shown my cele2 600 as well but it is a cB0 and looks completey different, it does not have all the bridges on the bottom.
The cele2 800 was a BOXED cpu and the 633 was an OEM cpu...

Well there you have it.

Hey guys. I think you are pretty close to solve the problem. Maybe not to completely unlock the INTEL CPU, but change multiplier to desire value.
I think you should compare PIII with diffrent clock rate (diff multiplier) to find out which bridges are connected. The best example is attachment from engjohn. Cel 633 has 9.5 multiply and Cel 800 has 8.0. There is a 3 step different in multiplty (8.5, 9.0, 9.5) and three less connected bridges. So maybe the bridges are really responsible for multiplier. We need more pic of diffrent CPU.
Two things remain:
-Why Cel 600 (as engjohn has written) doesn't have bridges (it is almost the same as PIII). I have Cel 566 cB-0. So could you send a pic of your Cel 600 cB-0, engjohn. I will compare it in detail with mine. If there won't be any difference we won't be able to unlock our CPU ever. (Cel are similar to PIII).
-Strange for me are also those dots at the bottom of CPU. Cel 800 has 2 dots and Cel 633 has 4 dots. Let's hope those dots are only responsible for FSB (cel 800 has 100 MHz and Cel 633 has 66 MHz).
One more qustion: what speed and FSP are those PIII cB-0 and cC-0 from Kevin. One of them has 3 dots.

If those bridges are controlling multi.
Then chances are they control everything else, fsb,voltage, everything.I just cant see this ever happening.
THose things on the bottom are really hard to remove.Theres no way the original guys, were broken off in shipping.

gdog (Jun 09, 2001 08:38 a.m.):
If those bridges are controlling multi.
Then chances are they control everything else, fsb,voltage, everything.I just cant see this ever happening.
THose things on the bottom are really hard to remove.Theres no way the original guys, were broken off in shipping.

Thats what i thought as well and until someone elses takes the gamble and is succesful i will not try this, there are to many crackpots out there that would love to see innocent people ruin there stuff.

Just checked my cC0 P3-1GEB (7.5 multiplier) and it looks just like the first pix cC0 chip and the Celeron 800 cC0 chip. The only difference is in the dots between the two lines. I have dots in the 3rd, 5th & 6th locations.

The bridges are SMD's and should be removable using the correct de-soldering tool, NOT a 50 watt iron and a piece of de-soldering wick/braid. They are either chip capacitors or resistors, but you can't tell for sure while they are still in circuit, they need to be removed first.

This is such a crock of ****! Those of us who work in the microprocessor industry will be very quick to announce that YOU PEOPLE ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! The Pentium IIIs are locked before the outside packaging is applied to the processor. These surface mounts have absolutely nothing to do with the multiplier, so please stop wasting good, quality chips. If you are really looking for an edge over your AMD buddies, all I can say is NORTHWOOD...

C4tech (Jun 09, 2001 08:09 p.m.):
This is such a crock of sh@# PLEASE GIVE US A BREAK ON THE LANGUAGE THANK YOU! Those of us who work in the microprocessor industry will be very quick to announce that YOU PEOPLE ARE WASTING YOUR TIME! DONT BE SO CERTAIN WE HAVE HAD DISCUSIONS ABOUT THIS AND EVEN THOUGH IT IS A VERY VERY SLIM CHANCE NO ONE HAS PROVED EITHER WAY THAT IT WILL OR WILL NOT WORK.The Pentium IIIs are locked before the outside packaging is applied to the processor. These surface mounts have absolutely nothing to do with the multiplier, CORRECT BUT THESE SURFACE MOUNTS DO CONTROL VOLTAGE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OVERIDE THE FREQENCIES THAT CONTROL THE LOCKING PART.so please stop wasting good, quality chips. TO THIS DATE ONLY ONE PERSON HAS MESSED A CHIP UP AND WE ASKED FOR PICTURES AND WE HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING SO ITS VERY POSSIBLE THAT NOT ONE cpu SO FAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED WE ARE NOT LACKING UPSTAIRS AND THATS WHY WE ARE TRALKING ABOUT IT AND DOING SOME RESEARCH BEFORE WE EVEN TRY THIS If you are really looking for an edge over your AMD buddies, all I can say is NORTHWOOD...
WERE NOT LOOKING FOR AN EDGE OVER ANYONE ITS NOT A COMPETITION WE JUST WANT TO BETTER WHAT WE HAVE.

UUmmmmm....... Isn't one ridiculous unlocking the Intel cpu thread enough ??? You guys are funny, but why make more clutter with this B.S. ??

Back