• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Lockups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I've been pushing my processor a little harder lately, and achieved some new highs. Don't want to post them until they're stable though. :D

I know when Prime95 returns with an error then you're unstable and might have to clock down or increase voltage. My question is...when the system just locks during Prime95, is that a heat issue or an instability issue?

if it locks up, give it more vcore, that's windows killin it, not really prime

if it sum errors(expected XXX, got XXX), that's usually vcore too

if it 100 errors out, lol, too high clock or fsb

that's just my experience

I just got the illegal sumout error...100 times. More voltage necessary, or what?

Vdimm shouldn't be necessary. It's Memtest stable, and the same FSB is Prime95 stable at lower multis.

johan851 said:
I've been pushing my processor a little harder lately, and achieved some new highs. Don't want to post them until they're stable though. :D

I know when Prime95 returns with an error then you're unstable and might have to clock down or increase voltage. My question is...when the system just locks during Prime95, is that a heat issue or an instability issue?

Probably heat, or a weak power supply.
Rob

Fortron 530w, it's not the PSU. PSU is doing great - 11.98-12.04, 5.13, and 3.28-3.33 at those vCores (1.95v).

Heat gets up to 45C on water...could that be it?

Back