• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Full Tower Case Recommendation??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

Please recommend a full tower case that won't put me in the poor house, but is reasonably easy to use and has capacity for at least 4x5.25 front accessible bays, 2x3.5 front accessible bays, and 4x3.5 internal bays.

How much is going to take to put you in the poor house? I just got a Antec P160 and love it. Going price is around $110.

You should have put this question in the Cases and Power Supplies forum.

I use this one. Its a plain and ugly one to start but mods very nicely. It has a slide-out tray, the top and both sides can be removed by thumb screws, and has a ton of room. I had a huge radiator in the front and still had plenty of room.

rxc said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-115&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

That's the case I have and love. It's easy to use, comes with a good 430W PSU, but isn't easy to lift ;)

Here's the same case from Chieftec with a different PSU for $40 less.
CHIEFTEC Silver Server Chasis Workstation Tower with 450W Power Supply, Model "DX-01SLD-U" -RETAIL . Plus it has a window. Here's the same case without a PSU CHIEFTEC Server Chasis Model AX-01SLD . Its $14 less than the previous one I listed.

I also love this model of case. They are extremely easy to work with and easily modifiable.

and, as from me, I'd suggest a standard Lian-Li PC60. This link has a pretty good price, but you probably could find it for $5-$10 less someplace.

It's got 4 5.25 ext, 3 3.5 ext, and a 5 HD rack inside. The fans are configured to keep these 5 HD's very cool. It's somewhat elegant (though color matching will cost a little extra for aluminum CD covers) and not terribly expensive. It is also well constructed and aluminum is easy to cut if you choose to do so.

somebody owes me two pennies. ;)

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'm going with the Antec solution. :D Now if I only had a power supply.....hmmmm.....?

JimmyG said:
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'm going with the Antec solution. :D Now if I only had a power supply.....hmmmm.....?

Good News~Antec Towers usualy come with like 430W PS! You can't go wrong with these Antec Server towers. HEFTY they are, but it helps to quiet the 6 (include psu) fans that are stock. They are simple handsome cases~which is what I like. Check CompUSA, I got mine there with PS for $115.

I got the chieftec matrix tower thing is a monster 6 5.25 bays 3 internal 3.5's 4-6 (can't remember as i ripped out the drive mounts) internal 3.5 bays. decent workmanship horrible paint job No PSU. about 70 bucks at directron

Rich

Here's a case I've always liked. Click. It is designed like the Xaser 3 without all of the flashy logos. Newegg used to have the OEM brand that supplies those cases to Enermax and Thermaltake. It was called Casetek. They had the aluminum version of that case for $75! Can't beat that for an aluminum full tower. I wish I had picked one of those up. I can't find a US distributor for CaseTek now that Newegg stopped carrying them. If anybody finds a place where you can get CaseTek cases post a link.

ZachM said:
Here's a case I've always liked. Click. It is designed like the Xaser 3 without all of the flashy logos. Newegg used to have the OEM brand that supplies those cases to Enermax and Thermaltake. It was called Casetek. They had the aluminum version of that case for $75! Can't beat that for an aluminum full tower. I wish I had picked one of those up. I can't find a US distributor for CaseTek now that Newegg stopped carrying them. If anybody finds a place where you can get CaseTek cases post a link.

any ideas on whether side panels are available for that beauty? official thermaltake ones are so expensive, if i could pick up a non branded one itd look the same but be so much cheaper :D

JimmyG said:

I have this one Minus the Side fan, and it has the bigger PSU. Side fans are EASY to create for yourself if you've got a Dremel. Plus you have the added beni of choosing where you want the fans based on your mobo for optimum spot cooling.

The removable hdd bays are sweeet, for that matter so are the removable drive bays up top. Just all around nice.

As with all cases I would suggest that you at LEAST remove the grids from the 2 front fans, retain the nice dust filter though. This allows for better intake airflow which is important because with all stock slots filled the intake pressure is insufficiant because there are only 2 intakes and 4 exhausts (2 case + 2 PSU). Go posative baby!

Good luck

Vrykyl~to my knowledge there are, I cant say where right now, but I know they exist...did that help or hinder..lol

Hey ZachM: According to CaseTek, ABS Computers and Global PMX, INC are their USA Distributors. So maybe you can look at their site and see if you can find anything. Hope this helps.

Back