• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit Nforce 7 dual channel?How?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

I have an bit nf7 rev 2. Is this board dual channel capable? If so how would I got about doing this? I only have one memory module(PC3200 512MB). Im running this in DIMM slot 1. So im guessing that i would need a second and similar memory module to run along with this DIMM. If was to put the second module in DIMM slot 2 would this then be running in dual channel mode?
DoM

The memory,if my memory (ha) serves me right, needs to be in slots 2&3 or 1&3 to be in dual channel mode. The motherboard manual tells you that on page 3-6. It actually says to use slots 2&3. On all of the Nforce 2 boards I've seen dual channel works with the RAM in slots 2&3 or 1&3.

It is best to use the exact same kinds of memory for both slots.

Could I use lots two and three for 2x256MB running as dual channel and keep 512mb fixed in slot 1?DoM

If you want to do that, you should put the 2x256mb sticks in slot and slot 2 and the 512mb stick in slot 3. So using the analogy of 9mmcensor, put the 2x256mb sticks in the two "close" slots, the 3rd 512mb stick in the one that's furthest away, with the gap. AFAIK, you keep dual channel that way.

Back