• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost ended up crying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

First let me give a warning, never work on your system when you are tired. I did today, and lets just say while I was unhooking and draining my system, a little was still behind. Well, it got onto my mobo and my chip and almost the ram. I used a whole lot of alcohol, and let it dry for many hours. Luckily, here I am, posting again, very happy my system works. And Its not ghetto hooked up anymore.

2.31 ghz at an idle of 35 C. Very happy with that until I can get more blocks.

I second that, never work when tired.

A couple days ago I nealry killed my ABIT NF7-S when I reversed the wiring for the 12V Vcore cable (so ground went to the 12V line, and 12V went to ground), and immediately afterwards spilled a lot of water all over my 9800 Pro as I bled my circuit.

I thought I had killed my Motherboard, Processor, Video card, and possibly even my PSU.

My PSU, Chip, and Motherboard all lived, but I'm not sure about the 9800 Pro yet - haven't tested it :-/

I'm glad to hear that your system survived - it's really scary seeing water splash all over the expensive computer parts you've spent so much time and effort modifying and overclocking.

yes, definitely not fun. But yes I am still on water, and one pelt. trying to find some slot water blocks, so I can use some more pelts, but cant find any .... I might just have to buy some maze 2 blocks.

no i didnt mean your story is fun. I mean to answer " are you still on water" ;)

I totall agree with you, also add " DONT work with your computer when you're stressed" You will be easily get ****ed and break stuff

Whats the slot WB for? Or a maze2? Get a swiffy tec block :D The maze 4-1 isint bad either. Someone at XS got -20C idle at 3 something ghz with a 226 watt pelt running at 13.75V and a single 120MM fan heatercore :O

EDIT:
yep water on your components is scarry. When I first set my chiller up and was testing the pump I realised 2 minuts later that my CPU and NB blocks were leaking all over. Floor was wet soaked mobo box and NF7s covered completely in water. I freaked out :p

Now I'm not affraid of water though...

"Whats the slot WB for? Or a maze2?"

I have a few extra pelts, some heatsinks and some fans, Im going to be using them to cool down the water.

I agree w/ that. Also ontop of that never mess w/ the computer while tired and just got home from the dentist and got 4 teeth pulled. Caused me to fry a motherboard lol.

capmuffin said:
heh i always work when tired well i do in mid ngt,just little things and such

Don't jinx yourself! ;)

Definitely don't work on your computer when you're (too) tired, that's how I fried an old graphics card, then learned how replace it, then get the cojones to install PCI cards, then memory, then CPUs, then motherboards.. then overclock... then mod... wait a min... :eek:

Back