• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered Prommie and....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dr^MiFF^

Registered
just ordered my mach1, and was wondering if anyone here has done the R507 mod?, I have a guy who can do it, but I have to pay him to do it, just wondering if I will see significant temp drops from it

honestly i dont know why anyone would want it any colder.
mine is reading -25 to -32 C at the cpu.
why would being any colder then that help anything?

Why would being colder than ambiant make a differance than? I dont meen to be a jerk or anything but colder is better. See OPP and Macci and other top scorers? They have cadcades (well a few do :p ). -80C or lower. The lower the temp the higher you can OC. Just the way silicone is or something. Maybe someone who understands it better than me can explain...

that may be i dont know. i was able to hit 4.1 ghz and i know i can get higher now that i know how to do it manually and not just 30% OC.
also id like to know if the upgraded gas has any effct on the comressor as far as long term wear and tear.

Colder is better, if you could hit the magic number of around -200 or so they say the chip would begin to operate at around 200% with the electron's being aligned or so they say. Check out some of the cascade systems like captaincascade or the bowman mods over at xtremesystems.org to see some truely cold systems.

What I agree with is though you really need to cool the entire system.

Imagine if you could build a sealed vacuum box with a total ambient temp of around -80C or such AND have a block on the cpu and video card.

It would be mad expensive, almost like a hyperbolic chamber (yes I am master diver lol) and the power drain would be for the truely rich but I can dream heheh :)

My Mach I has R507 and my temps dropped alot. My 2.8e runs around -15*c full load at 3.9 at 1.525. People with Vapo XE's are seeing around 0*c - 20*c with a 2.8e at 3.8 with 1.6v at full load.

thanks for the replys, I think I'm gonna go ahead with the r507, right now I have a phase change system I built with with r134a, at 11x200 default vcore, it idles around 4-10, and under load it can reach as high as 25, which is decent I guess for the amount of money I put in to it

How much did you put into it? Those temps seem very high for a direct die setup... What temps does the evap get unloaded?
I suguest you get all your temps and pressures and go to the XS forums or phasechange.com forums and ask there. Both sites have alot of knowledgable people there and XS even has a few HVAC engineres that have built cascades! They should be able to help you out tuneing it.

afireinside : I put about $100 into, thats for guages, copper tubing, and insulation all from home depot, all the guts came out of a waterfountain, and a guy at my work made my evaporator for me,as far as the temps go, if I leave vcore at default, and vcc at default, I idle at -2c - load 10c, weird when I raise the volts by just one notch, she slowly climbs in temp, using dfi ultra infinity

crash, I just called around to all the ac guys in town, I cant get R507, but I can get R404A done

CrashOv3r1De said:
yeah i have it modded with r502 and its -48C load on my A64 FX-51
Is that what your display shows or Windows? Is that a Mach I and if so how hard was it to do the mod to shut off the alarm and system rebooting when your Mach I drops below -50*c?

big nuttz its in windows. i habve to run f@h and 1.9v just to keep it from going to -50C...you have to recaliberate the temp sensor which i didnt do but hipro5 knows how. i didnt do the mod myself. i had someone do it for me. just run high vcore -- but not dangerous vcore and run f@h to keep it from hitting -50C

If you get the R404A mod done, your temps will drop probably 7-10 degrees at the evap. The R507 would drop them maybe another 5-6 degrees at the evap.

Probably end up about like Crash's evap temps.

I bet you coukd change that in the systems controls, lemme take a look at them.

yep, I found it. Using the same instructions for modifying P XX settings in my mack your prommy colder by 3C post go to "P 25" just lower than setting to somelike like -70 and it will keep going past -50C without shutting down.

craig588 said:
I bet you coukd change that in the systems controls, lemme take a look at them.

yep, I found it. Using the same instructions for modifying P XX settings in my mack your prommy colder by 3C post go to "P 25" just lower than setting to somelike like -70 and it will keep going past -50C without shutting down.
I'll try it and post back as soon as my movie is done burning.:D

Back