• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I have a 8x DVD burner can I burn a 4xDVDR at 8x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

Like the title says....thanks :).....by the way I just bought the TDK indiDVD+-R 880N....thanks :)

If the media's code is written in the burner's firmware then yes. Thus you see people hacking the burner's firmware to get better speed. It's a risk however to burn cheap **** at high speed. Don't ***** when your cheap *** buys crap and expects the best.

For reference, you can burn Memorex 4x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR01) at 8x using Lite-On 811S and Nero 6.

Your TDK 880N is a rebadged NEC 2500A, which is a very very good burner IMO 'cause I have one. It can burn Memorex 4x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR01) at 6x. If you can find Taiyo Yuden (YUDEN000T01), then you can burn those at 8x w/ your drive. The trick is to find quality media w/ media code that's compatible w/ your burner. More info on the NEC 2500A review at cdfreaks.com

Last edited:
Back