• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark2001 se score question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kekela98a

Registered
Hi,

Is 2813 a ok number for my system?

+Cpu: Amd Barton 2500 running @ 11x203 (2240 Mhz)
+Memory: 2x512mb Mushkin Special 222 and a 128mb Kingston valueram
+Video card: Geforce 2 Mx 400 w/ 64 mb (aperature=256mb) OCed to 220 MhZ for core and 322 Mhz for mem Clock freq.
+Cooling: Dr thermal extreme se; 2 x 80 mm tornado for intake; 1 x 80mm coolermaster for exhaust.

I keep seeing other people with the same mobo getting scores of 6k...Just wondering if something is wrong.

thanks

Welcome to the FORUMS!... now down to business...

What motherboard are you using? And you are talking about 3dmark2k1 not 2k3 right? Most people get scores of 12000 to 18000 with moderate to to top of the line Video Cards.

In 2k3 people get 5k-6k with msot Dx9 capable cards.

However that score is probably right for your videocard.
So there isnt anything wrong. 3Dmark2k1 isnt really about the motherboard as much as it is about the videocard. So you should first see what other people with your videocard get by checking out the result comparisons on futuremarks website.

Edit:
Also 1 suggestion might be to lose that 128mb stick of kingston ram. 1GB is plenty and that kingston may be holding back your other ram in the FSB and latency department. Also your system's weakest point is that videocard, also I dont think 256 agp aperture is the best, I use 128, but thats just me. If your into gaming you really ought to consider upgrading to at least a ti4200. My personal recommendation for a price of around $150 would be the 9600pro.

Yes the number in the range I have also in my other system a GEforce 2 mx400 and gets 3123 with an overclocked 1700

Thanks a lot! I'll lower the aperature. So the 128 mb ram may be slowing me down? They are all Bh-6.

thanks!

Back