• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Horizons: Empire of Istaria

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I played until the end of beta and didnt really like it. Graphics werent all that great and it lagged like crazy. Starting out was vert boring, same monster models over and over again. But if it sounds good to you I suggest you give it a try yourself :p

the 7 day free trial wont install on my comp, give's me an "I/O" error everytime i try to install. I downloaded from two different places. So I was planning on just buying it tomorrow. But maybe I should wait now. :) I really liked the idea that you could buy your own piece of land and build you own house and open a business. Sounds really cool :D. I just ordered a new processor, harddrive, and mobo so I guess I'll wait till I get those to test out the trial, then if I like it I'll buy it :)

The game was all right... reminded me of old school games, but it's just not as good as other games today...

you can buy houses and sell things in other MMOs like Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies, even Asherons Call(but not really :p)

no i haven't playesd it but my friend has, he said that it's cool in the beginning, but later on it gets really weird. thats what he said, any way i don't like that game. but if you like it, you can find out aND TELL US right???:D

Honestly, I thought it was awesome at first. It was simple and everyone in there was friendly. But it pretty much turned into a crafting fest. You couldn't get anywhere without having money from being a crafter. The graphics were really out of date too, and well, I just think that Horizons MIGHT have done WAAAY better if it had come out at around the time when Everquest came out. The graphics are similar and so's the game style.

I don't remember there being PvP, but it was fun for a few weeks. I wouldn't go back though. Lineage 2 is my next fix. I've started up a webpage for it and everything. It's going to ROCK!!!

Yeah, my friend told me about that lineage game. Looks really good. I downloaded it thinking I could try it but I guess you gotta be a beta tester, anyway the title screen to the game is really nice and has good music :)

how long was it in development scotto? :D

i wish they would just make morrowind online, that would be the best mmorpg ever.

I know it's been awhile since anyone's said anything about this game right here, but here goes my take on Horizons (HoZ). I started playing in January of 04 when I first got to Germany. Hey, it's really cold outside and I didn't know anyone. I was hooked from the beginning. There is a lot of depth IMO and the people there are nicer than any I've come across in the couple years I played AC. The adventuring/crafting classes are really cool. I like how you can go straight Warrior or become a Berzerker/Armorer. You can effectually become everything but that takes a LOT of time, more than I'd be willing to spend. The last time I logged in, I was a lvl 70+ berzerker and a 60+ weaponsmith. I could make big axes and go out and hack and slash pretty much anything in the game. They've came out with newer stuff since then and I really can't wait to get back to it. The game has changed immensly since these reviews were first posted so if you still have the box and a desire to see something new and different, check it out again. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back