• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Serial ATA setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Aight peoples,

I have windows XP installed on a 80GB hard-drive at the moment and now that I have this new motherboard with SATA ability I want to take advantage of it for my windows installation.

I have not been able to boot WindowsXP when I have the drive it's on hooked up to the serial ata controller. First time I got "NTLDR not found" then after I installed the SiT SATARaid drivers I got "Boot Failure" - I have Serial ATA enabled in the bios.

Strange thing is that i tried it with my secondary 20GB HD and it worked. What I mean is that I booted off the 80GB via standard IDE and put my second hard-drive on the serial ATA, and when I got into windows it was there....

How can I boot off this drive? Do I need to enable the SATARaid Rom in the bios? Cause I am not looking to run a RAID setup.

EDITED:

Hey peoples, I got it working. Thanks for all your assistance. What I needed to do was also enable the SATARaid Boot ROM!

:)

Last edited:
iNSiGMA said:

Hey peoples, I got it working. Thanks for all your assistance. What I needed to do was also enable the SATARaid Boot ROM!

I have the same board with a Sata and I'm having the same problem!

-How do I enable the SATARaid Boot ROM?!

charmapsyche said:

I have the same board with a Sata and I'm having the same problem!

-How do I enable the SATARaid Boot ROM?!

Enter the Bios by pressing DELETE on startup...

In there go to:

Intergrated Peripherals -> Onboard PCI Device -> Enable Serial ATA Controller - Enable SATA Raid Rom

Thanks, it was already enabled though...
-I found out that my last problem was XP kept making my IDE drive the C: drive and the SATA D:, so it wouldn't boot off the SATA, so I installed XP with IDE unplugged and everythings perfect now!

Back