• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot decide on a 550W PSU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I need some advice. I was looking at the Sparkle 550W PSU FSP model but was reading the boards about some of these PSU's needing a 24pin-20pin adapter because the PSU was made for a dual or server board. Can someone list which ones need this adapter? I just don't want to order a PSU only to find out AFTER it comes in that I need to wait another week for an adapter. Thanks in advance!

Yeah i heard that too about the sparkles. I'm not sure if they come with the adapter or not.

i love my enermax but a really killer psu is a pc power and cooling, those are top notch for sure.

Which True 550?
The "True Control", or the "True Power"?

From the posts here it seems the TC are more stable under heavy
load than the TP. And the Fortron 530w is said by many to be
slightly more stable under heavy load than the Antec TC550.

Just my two cents. :)

I believe True control is just true power with adjustable rails. It still has the same seprate lines and 3% regulation on some lines that the true power series has.

Now running my True Control 550watt- great PSU, like the front panel adjustments

Susquehannock said:
Which True 550?
The "True Control", or the "True Power"?

From the posts here it seems the TC are more stable under heavy
load than the TP. And the Fortron 530w is said by many to be
slightly more stable under heavy load than the Antec TC550.

Just my two cents. :)

im pretty sure that the TC just have adjustable rails like Gnufsh said, there shouldn't be a difference in stability

Back