• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk900 w/80mm stealth -> sp-97 w/92mm panaflo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

man this combo is awesome. cpu and system temps down 5c at original settings so i upped my oc by 100mhz and voltage by 0.1 and have same temps as old settings. dunno what rpm i'm running but the panaflo is not at full speed. running it on my vantec fan controller at just above half speed. i can't hear it above my other fans which are all 80mm and running at lowest speed. tried running panaflo at full speed and the increased noise was not worth the 2c drop in temps.

i'm very happy cause still have a VERY quiet system that now runs 100mhz faster. voltages are more stable as well. possibly because the 92mm fan is large enough to blow air on the mosfets too.

now to find a buyer for my slk and stealth. i wish all mobos would come with mounting holes. then i could throw it in my gfs rig to replace her v11.

Glad to see another happy SP-97 HS owner. Which model or speed 92mm Panaflo are you using? Do you have a mobo wall hole w/fan? Have you removed your cases fan grids? :cool:

i have the "high" cfm one with the fan monitor option. i have one fan in window but it blows on my vid card. nothin blowin on cpu. haven't removed the grids but i don't find they impede too much.

He must have the H1 model - the U models are nearly impossible to find, unfortunately... I've been thinking about replacing my 92mm tornado with a 92mm panaflo, but am unsure how much my temps are going to suffer from the switch - I'll be nearly halving my airflow, but I figure that if I design it so taht I eliminate the dead spot as much as possible, I'll be ablke to make up for the halved airflow.

What I'm [really thinking about though is the torin squirrel cage blower that everyone has been talking about - that thing looks to be the best thing around - high pressure, no dead spot,a nd quiet as hell - only thing is that I'm unsure how to connect it for 24v :\

Hmmm, for 24V, you'd have to splice into the -12V on your ATX connector. I'm not sure I'd recommend that. -- Paul

yea it's the bx one. it was 7 bucks cheaper than the non bx for the same model. so i said why the heck not?

Back