• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV out problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

My PC has MSI MS-StarForce Geforce4 Ti4200 8xAGP 128MB video card.

A while ago, when I used its video out function, it works fine. Now when I hook it to my 42" Samsung HDTV-monitor using S-Video out, it has horizontal bars running from the bottom to the top.

I placed my laptop right on top of the PC, using the same cable, yet, it has no problem. The laptop has ATI radion 9000 Pro video card.

So I know it's not the cable's problem.

Both laptop and PC is set at 60hz refresh rate for the monitor. So now I don't know what's causing the problem.

Please help.

Thanks

It's not the desktop res. My HDTV can take up to 1024x768. But that's not the problem. The problem is that though both my TV and Monitor are set at 60hz refresh rate, however, the SONY monitor's reresh rate is greatly different.

So what I did is I went to change the Monitor Type to standard instead of Sony, that way, the res. is more standard and that fix the problem :)

Back