• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Sega Genesis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's so cool :) I checked out the videos he has, and the lag is somewhat noticible (it'd be more if I was playing I'm sure :D) but dissapeared when he OCd.

JigPu

I just bought one of those for my son from the classifieds. I think I may have to wade into his room and.....

^ Roommate and I were thinking about doing that a couple days ago actually. This store around here sells them for $15 - wonder if it might be worth a try to see what I can do...

tom10167 said:
That's CRAZY. And percentage-wise, that's an AMAZING overclock. That'd be like taking a 2.4C and hitting 5ghz on it, on air. Awesome. :)

You can go that fast because the later Genesis' actually shipped with Motorola's later CPUs that were designed to run at 16 or more MHz because it simply cost too much to make the older ones at the speed that the Genesis design required. So they were essentially shipping P5 5.0s in a P4 2.4C mobo (to use your example).

Back