• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FAHCore79.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hrm, SSE2 eh? A64 just got more interesting.

Anyone remember Stanford's "Matrix-ish" moviem talking about the new core with a hidden SSE2 message? It's aout time.:rolleyes: How long ago was that? Atleast 8 months I think.

Tismedt said:
Cool!!! So what cpu's besides a64 and P4 support sse2?

Only their varients, like Athlon FX, P4 Xeon, etc..

This would be nice for my dual xeon P4 setup! too bad i havent seen it yet. :(

Sterculus said:
Hmmm....someone make an A64 farm :p

I've got four 244 opterons folding now... not really a farm, but its a start. I'm looking for the new core, but haven't gotten it yet.

I'm 99.999999% sure SSE2 will improve the precision of the calculations, not the performance.

I've done one :D I have no idea what machine did it, but i'd bet it is the one set up for beta...

Yeah, I think it is only available for beta unless you download it (and get the wu that uses it and have the appropriate CPU). It should go public soon enough. Sadly, I can't risk doing beta folding on my production opteron servers. :(

Kewel :cool:

By next month when I have dual Xeons and an HT P4 up and folding, maybe I can try some out.

I don't think it's beta-only. I've had one of these WUs already (p930_fkbound_102 using FahCore_79) and I'm not set up to run beta's.

They're going mainstream soon as the newer proteins need the higher precision the FahCore_79 and SSE2 provide.

Back