• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 800. How high can I go????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Butter

I have a Celeron 800mhz chip and I have 3 case fans and the all new SK-6 heat sink and delta high output fan(60mm). I got great cooling. I know the multiplier isn't that great for a 800 but what do you think i can get it to???? I am thinking 1.3 maybe 1.4 It depends how much my motherboard can let me. what do you think I can get it to????????

at least 5.5Ghz with all the crap u mentioned, yes thats 5.5Ghz

Please dont take this seriously becoz im not paying for ur new chip after u burn out this one!!
You could probably get aroung what you guoted, definately higher if you stick a huge fan on the h/s. About 1.2 without/f 1.6 w/f

Well I'm running my Celeron 800 (8 * 100) at 1120 (8*140) and 1.9volts core...

Yeah!!! I have a nice heat sink sitting right on my SK-6 and then another fan blowing down on all that crap on the top of the case. I will get a picture for you. With the setup I am metioning, it works everytime. My brother has a 300 celeron and he overlcocked it to 630. With the crappest cooling. This setup rocks! I'm not going to take your advice right away. I will start at 1 gig and try to work my way up to what you said I might get. And I dont expect you to pay for a new CPU for me. LOL

Overclocking a Celly 800 to 1.3-1.4 gig or higher??? Very unlikely, but I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong. I'm guessing more in the 1.1-1.2 gig range assuming you are using good components and have good cooling.

Back